Work is a slice of life – not the whole pie.
Yeah, it took me a while to get this.
As many do this time of year, I am reflecting what’s happened in 08, what didn’t happen in 08 and what I want to will make happen in 09.
In no particular order, in 2009 I will:
- Raise at least $100k for a cause, or causes, that I think will help heal our world.
- Workout at least 2 times every week.
- Re-engineer my professional life (career) to focus around me, my skills and my goals. (I think I did this today, but more on that)
- Reconnect with 5 people that I love, yet have let slip out of my life.
- Treat myself to a deep-tissue massage quarterly.
- Go on vacation (ok, I’m cheating on that one, since I have my vacation booked in February).
Six is an odd number. But to me these are the most important things I achieve in 2009. It’s interesting that they almost all ‘me’ focused. I believe if I work to be the best me, I will create the best world.
Tell me, what are your top 3 goals of 2009?